Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2018-02-09, 11:18 AM   #176
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 194
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1324
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
Missed opportunity for a gay joke... For shame!
That was on purpose. I know you're not gay.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-02-09, 11:20 AM   #177
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 463
Likes (Given): 45
Likes (Received): 3940
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
I know you're not gay.

Unread 2018-02-09, 11:28 AM   #178
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 157
Thanks (Received): 115
Likes (Given): 383
Likes (Received): 629
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36

Quote:
I think that's going to be a foot-in-mouth argument in a month when the stock market is on the rise again and this drop is all but forgotten. When you say "if you give trump credit for the rise, then he gets credit for this small blip of a fall," you're validating that he does, in fact, get credit. And the Stock Market isn't about to crash... this is a very short term drop that's pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

At least that's my very humble opinion on the subject.
oh I know that he only has a small role in the stock market at this point simply because the only things he's actually done to impact it haven't had time to soak in.

I don't give him much credit for the rise and I don't blame him for the decline (however temporary - which I think we agree it will be) either.

I'm just saying that Trump supporters generally seem to give him all the credit in the world for the rise but then just deflect when the market corrects... the dichotomy required for that blows my mind even though it shouldn't at this point.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-02-09, 12:20 PM   #179
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
it is if you want to give him credit for a strong economy based primarily on the stock market.

if he takes credit for the rise, he should take the blame for the fall as well
That is the issue. For Trumps followers its a religion. They will cherry-pick what works for them. Like George Carlin asked about football players thanking god for them scoring a touchdown. Nobody ever says "Jesus made me drop the ball"

So youre not legitimizing Trumps assumption that he is responsible for all of this, just keep it in your pocket as a response when one of his followers make such asinine claims as the opening of this thread. Just ask, "Why did Trump make all of his supposed gains go away then?"
Unread 2018-02-09, 01:34 PM   #180
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 999
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Just ask "Why did Trump make all of his supposed gains go away then?"
I'm calling my investment firm right now and asking this question. I'm so pissed I've lost a significant amount of money in the past week. What is Trump going to do to get my money back? I don't understand how this could have happened?
Dave B is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-02-09, 01:46 PM   #181
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
I'm calling my investment firm right now and asking this question. I'm so pissed I've lost a significant amount of money in the past week. What is Trump going to do to get my money back? I don't understand how this could have happened?

The discussions with some of my clients have been great... none quite so pointed... but the glorifying from some of his market increasing, sure has a lot of crickets out there today.
Unread 2018-02-09, 03:03 PM   #182
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
And the Stock Market isn't about to crash... this is a very short term drop that's pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
Yeah, it's very unlikely the market is going to crash anytime soon as the US economy and most other economies are relatively strong. Although I love looking at the value of my investment accounts and stellar growth over the past few years, I am fully aware that the market is WAY overvalued and inflated. I believe we are in the beginning stages of a moderate correction and it's going to be bumpy for a while. If you think the market will return within a week or few weeks, you'll likely be disappointed. We will see swings of hundreds, if not even a 1,000 or more points a day and for no real reason. It's like watching the erratic movement of a school of fish. You can't make much sense about who's leading and why the others follow.

Deep down, Trump is enjoying this as he has a large group of advisers to guide him and take advantage of down swings to work towards his benefit. For the rest of us, it's too costly to be shifting and moving around and also buying up under valued and potentially risky investments. Trump's wealth is largely not through his own doing but rather a large of group of smart people working for him. We've seen how he operates. He is not a bright guy and can't keep any focus. He needs a lot of help and is easily swayed by the minute. Squirrel!!!
Unread 2018-02-09, 03:14 PM   #183
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

^^^ When you are typically wrong about everything, what makes you think you are right this time?
or call (913) 226-3806

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mild83 liked this post
Unread 2018-02-09, 04:31 PM   #184
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
I'm just saying that Trump supporters generally seem to give him all the credit in the world for the rise but then just deflect when the market corrects... the dichotomy required for that blows my mind even though it shouldn't at this point.
No how much do you think the talk of raising interest rates by the fed has to play in the recent market drop?

Which by the way Trump had nothing to do with.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2018-02-09, 06:22 PM   #185
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
No how much do you think the talk of raising interest rates by the fed has to play in the recent market drop?
at least at the outset it likely had a decent impact but my personal opinion is that most people in the market understand that its overheated and begging for a correction... so when they saw any modicum of movement in that direction they hopped on which had a compounding effect - the result of which is a 1200 pt drop.

imo, smart money sees that prices are powered by a generally good economy but mostly by hopes and dreams at the current level so people are anticipating a correction. as soon as they see the feint of that, they want to make money on the downturn they thought they saw a glimpse of which causes a chain. the market is often as much about how people "feel" about it and perceive it as anything concrete... its why its silly to attribute a dramatic rise under Trump to some kind of Midas touch or proof that he's good for the economy. until the tax cuts he really hadn't done shit to impact the economy outside of give the investor class hope that he'd sign any tax cut - no matter how fiscally irresponsible - put in front of him by a Republican Congress (which is what happened). now that its happened, the market isn't sure what to expect other than a general sense that things are slowing down (which they are) and that's all the money they're going to get from the American public for awhile because its election season again and Congress has to pretend to not be giving away the store again.
Quote:
Which by the way Trump had nothing to do with.
much like the rise in the stock market...
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
Unread 2018-02-10, 10:29 AM   #186
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 164
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 3421
Likes (Received): 1009
Dislikes (Given): 187
Dislikes (Received): 144

Umm, didn't Trump nominate Mr Powell?
Unread 2018-02-10, 03:47 PM   #187
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun y View Post
Umm, didn't Trump nominate Mr Powell?
Yep and his first day was 2/4, the day the DOW tanked. It's not his fault, but Trump will likely lean on him to do his bidding. The thing is, I'm not sure Trump realizes that Powell is to be independent. Once Trump realizes that and sees that Powell (who is pretty dang good) doesn't listen to his orders, will likely force Powell to step down or will fire him.
Unread 2018-02-12, 03:30 PM   #188
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

it was a lie when they posted it but the irony of it now is both really amusing and terrifying as it reflects how far the office of the President has fallen that we don't even make much of a deal about shit like this anymore:
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4antn3JatAg
Unread 2018-02-14, 02:53 PM   #189
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Trump needs to drain a bit more of his own shit from the swamp:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.db22f6bcadcb

The swamp is overflowing.
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dave b's president, maga, trump/pence 2020