Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Closed Thread
Unread 2018-12-06, 02:44 PM   #201
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Former Bills receiver Kelvin Benjamin visiting Chiefs, per report

The report on the former Bill comes through via Adam Schefter.

Benjamin, 27, originally entered the NFL as the 28th overall pick made by the Carolina Panthers in the 2014 NFL Draft. Benjamin stayed with the Panthers until they traded him to the Buffalo Bills in exchange for a third-round pick back in late October 2017.
In 18 games over the past two seasons with the Bills, Benjamin caught 39 passes for 571 receiving yards and two touchdowns. The Bills released both Benjamin and Andre Holmes earlier this week.
“Let me start by saying I appreciate, just like I do every player, what they did,” McDermott said, via BuffaloNews.com on Wednesday. “It obviously didn’t work, and those are hard decisions to make because those are human decisions. The important thing for us is that we continue to take swings, and that’s what we did; we stepped up to the plate and you take a swing. Some of those are going to work and some of those aren’t. The only way you can get a hit is if you take a swing. The important thing, just as important for us I believe, is when things are no longer right for us as a football team and where we are and the vision we’re trying to chase, that we move forward. That’s what we did.”
The Chiefs bringing Benjamin is interesting to me given the health of Sammy Watkins, who has missed most of the past two games (he had five snaps against the Rams) due to his foot being “tender.” Watkins returned to practice Wednesday but was limited.
In addition, Chiefs general manager Brett Veach has shown a tendency of acquiring former high picks with players like offensive lineman Cam Erving (first round), Reggie Ragland (second round) and Sammy Watkins (first round).
Coincidentally, Ragland and Watkins are former Buffalo Bills like Benjamin.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
Unread 2018-12-07, 12:54 PM   #202
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 89
Likes (Received): 356
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 20

The Chiefs have signed free agent WR Kelvin Benjamin.

DE Jarvis Jenkins has been waived.
Unread 2018-12-09, 10:16 PM   #203
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs owner: Team was aware of three incidents involving Kareem Hunt during off-season

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said he was shocked by security camera footage showing Kareem Hunt shoving and kicking a woman in a Cleveland hotel, and that it was a collective decision by the organization to cut their star running back within hours.
In his first comments since the incident nine days ago, the team’s owner also said that the Chiefs were aware of two other offseason incidents involving Hunt, but not the extent of them.
“We’d had some issues with Kareem not being truthful with what happened that night (in Cleveland) and we really felt in everybody’s interest we head in another direction,” Clark Hunt explained after Kansas City clinched a playoff berth with a 27-24 overtime victory over the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.
The other two incidents occurred in January at a downtown Kansas City nightclub and in June at an Ohio resort. No criminal charges were filed in any of the cases, and Clark Hunt said all of them were referred to the NFL for investigation. The league did not hand down any punishment until TMZ Sports posted the security footage from the Cleveland hotel, at which point Hunt was put on the NFL’s exempt list.
The Chiefs then announced within minutes they were releasing the NFL’s reigning rushing champion.
“I don’t think we were necessarily trying to make a statement,” Clark Hunt said. “We just felt like the best thing for the Kansas City Chiefs moving forward was to part ways with Kareem.”
Clark Hunt said he was comfortable in the background work done on Kareem Hunt by the Chiefs’ scouting staff under then-general manager John Dorsey, even though he’d had disciplinary issues at Toledo.
“When anybody comes to the Chiefs organization, part of what we expect of them is they’re going to be good citizens,” Clark Hunt said. “We want them to give back, but really the first step for a young player is learning how to conduct themselves not only on the field but off the field.”
The Chiefs have taken chances on other players with character concerns and for the most part they have worked out. Tight end Travis Kelce had off-the-field issues at Cincinnati but has blossomed into one of the NFL’s top tight ends, while wide receiver Tyreek Hill — who was kicked out of school at Oklahoma State for an assault on his then-girlfriend — has become a model citizen and one of the Chiefs’ biggest stars.
Even combustible cornerback Marcus Peters, who was kicked out of Washington before becoming a first-round pick of the Chiefs, steered clear of any legal trouble before he was traded to the Rams.
The NFL has come under intense scrutiny for its handling of the Kareem Hunt case, especially after pouring resources into establishing a department to handle such investigations. Cleveland police also have launched an internal probe into their “overall response” to the incident.
“I’m not sure I’m at a point where I can say there was a breakdown (in the NFL’s investigation) and specifically what that breakdown was,” Clark Hunt said. “The league has spent a lot of time and resources trying to build a department that can handle these types of situations. Obviously it’s imperfect. I’m not sure you can ever reach perfection. There are limitations on the types of material the league security people can get, and I’m not sure we can change that.”
Hunt was among the NFL’s leading rushers again this season when he was released, and the decision was a significant blow to a team with Super Bowl aspirations. It was compounded on Sunday when Spencer Ware, elevated to the starting role, left briefly with a shoulder injury and later with a hamstring problem.
Still, Clark Hunt made it clear that releasing Hunt was the right decision for the organization, and that he hoped Kareem Hunt would seek counseling and perhaps find his way back to the NFL.
“There was a report today that he’s going to do that,” Clark Hunt said. “I hope someday he can return to the National Football League. I’m not sure when that will be. But our message to him was, even though we are parting ways, we’re supportive of you. If you need help, we are here to help you.”

Unread 2018-12-09, 10:19 PM   #204
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs beat Ravens: 14 winners and 11 losers

The Chiefs won their 11th game Sunday. Here are the day’s winners and losers.

The Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Baltimore Ravens, 27-24, in overtime on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium.
Here were the game’s winners and losers:
Winners

Photo by Peter Aiken/Getty Images
  • For the fifth time in six years as head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, Andy Reid clinched a playoff berth on Sunday with the Chiefs’ win over the Baltimore Ravens. The Chiefs have now made the postseason the last four seasons in a row. In addition, Sunday was win 205 (postseason and regular season) of Reid’s career, which ties him with former Chiefs head coach Marty Schottenheimer at seventh all-time in the history of the league. Reid has three more opportunities for wins this regular season and, in all likelihood, three more opportunities for wins this postseason. Hall of Famer Chuck Noll is sixth all-time with 209 total wins.
  • Reid’s quarterback Patrick Mahomesis the second winner from Sunday’s game. Mahomes tossed touchdowns 42 and 43 and flashed greatness by converting two fourth-down opportunities on the Chiefs’ game-tying drive. Mahomes showcased no-look magic. His 377 passing yards in the game gave him 4,300 for the season. It is the 13th time in NFL history that a quarterback has thrown for more than 4,000 yards and 40-plus touchdowns in the season, and Mahomes is the ninth quarterback to do so. He is also the second-youngest (23 years, 83 days), only trailing Dan Marino (23 years, 78 days), who accomplished the feat in 1984. Sunday was the 10th time this season Mahomes threw for 300-plus yards, the most in franchise history.
Jay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY Sports
  • Wide receiver Tyreek Hillproved that he is as tough as they come on Sunday. Hill appeared to suffer two injuries in the game—first to his wrist, then to his leg—yet stayed in the game and arguably made its biggest play—the 48-yard catch on fourth-and-9. Hill finished the game with a team-high eight catches for 139 yards, giving him 1,258 yards on the season. Hill’s 1,258-yard single-season output is now tied for fourth in Chiefs franchise history with tight end Tony Gonzalez, who finished with 1,258 yards in 2004. Hill trails the Chiefs’ franchise leader, Derrick Alexander (2000), by 133 yards with three games to go.
  • For a while toward the beginning of Sunday’s win against the Ravens, tight end Travis Kelce was Mahomes’ go-to receiver. Kelce had seven catches for 77 receiving yards and a touchdown in the game. Kelce’s 77 yards gave him 5,059 in his career, and with three games to go, his 2018 total of 1,159 is a career high. Kelce made a point of it to celebrate his touchdown by spiking the football in front of a Ravens defender on Sunday, which I liked. “I’m not going to comment on that,” Kelce said after the game. “What happened on the field—[I let] the emotions get ahead of me and I shouldn’t have done it.” I still liked it.
Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images
  • Spencer Ware showed some promising signs Sunday, as the Chiefs continue to find their new offensive identity after the sudden release of Kareem Hunt. Ware’s final numbers were 15 carries for 75 yards and five catches for 54 yards. Damien Williamsscored two touchdowns for the Chiefs on Sunday in his backup role.
  • When Cam Erving had to leave the game with an injury, veteran Jeff Allenstepped up in his place. The Ravens sacked Mahomes 3.0 times in five periods (four quarters plus overtime) on Sunday. Eric Fisher had a key play in overtime when Mahomes uncharacteristically fumbled the football. Rather than trying to pick up the ball and run, Fisher dove on the ball, securing possession for the Chiefs. The Chiefs might have lost the game if Fisher hadn’t made a smart play.
  • We’ll have to check snap counts on Monday, but upon first watch, it was Demarcus Robinson who received more targets than Chris Conley in Sammy Watkins’ absence. Robinson caught five passes for 42 yards on seven targets, whereas Conley had just two catches for 13 yards on three targets.
Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports
  • Defensive lineman Chris Jones continued a fantastic season with his ninth consecutive game with a sack. He is the sixth player in NFL history to have such a streak. Jones’ sack Sunday was the 20th of his career and number 11.5 on the season. Linebacker Justin Houston had a key strip-sack late in the fourth quarter that set the Chiefs up with a 43-yard field goal to win the game. Though they eventually missed the opportunity to end the game in regulation, the play by Houston to force the fumble and recover it was as clutch as it gets. Houston added a half a sack in overtime he shared with Dee Ford. It equated to Ford’s career-high 11th sack of the season. Houston now has 5.5 sacks on the year.
  • Cornerback Kendall Fuller had a solid game, recording three total passes defensed. Fuller made a key play in the third quarter to break up a deep pass intended for Chris Moore.
  • Arrowhead Stadium did it again. The Chiefs have now won nine consecutive games in Kansas City.
Losers

• I understand that coming into Sunday’s game, Lamar Jackson had won three games in a row, but the game proved to me that he is a non-option as a starting quarterback. For as athletic as Jackson was Sunday, he did not look good throwing the football. In my opinion, the Ravens have a better chance of making the postseason by going with Joe Flacco, who missed his fourth straight game on Sunday. Gus Edwards, who finished with 16 carries for 67 yards, did not impress me much either. Ty Montgomerywas non-existent for the Ravens Sunday.
  • The Chiefs safety position as a whole right now is a weakness, and there could be no better time for the return of Eric Berry, who is expected to play for the first time this season on Thursday night.
  • Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and defensive coordinator Don “Wink” Martindale had two opportunities to put the Chiefs away on fourth downs in the fourth quarter, and they let the game slip out of the grasp. The Chiefs’ win is sweet for the fanbase, but the Ravens needed this game much more.
  • This won’t be the most popular take—and I’m OK with that—but the Chiefs may have a slight issue on their hands with kicker Harrison Butker. While Butker had only missed one field goal all season coming into the game, he had missed an extra-point attempt in four of his last five games. Then he missed Sunday’s 43-yard game-winner. Luckily for the Chiefs, Butker squeaked in a 35-yarder in overtime, but it was far from a no-doubter. Special teams coordinator Dave Toub is scheduled to address the media on Tuesday with the short week. For what it’s worth, Reid did not seem overly concerned with his kicker after the game:
  • The Chiefs were a little better in team discipline Sunday, but they still took a couple bad penalties, finishing with seven penalties for 53 yards. It will be important to clean that up a bit prior to the playoffs beginning in a couple of weeks.
Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
  • If you haven’t heard, there was a Miracle in Miami on Sunday that put the Chiefs in prime AFC position. The New England Patriots lost on the final play of the game that involved several laterals. In addition, the Houston Texanslost to the Indianapolis Colts. The Chiefs are the only team with two losses in the conference. The Chargers have three and the Patriots and Texans each have four.

Unread 2018-12-12, 01:14 PM   #205
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs vs. Chargers odds, line: Thursday Night Football picks, predictions from model on 16-3 run

SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Thursday's Chargers vs. Chiefs game 10,000 times

Two AFC squads vying for the conference's top seed clash on Thursday Night Football when the Kansas City Chiefs host the Los Angeles Chargers in a contest rife with playoff implications. Back in Week 1, the Chiefs rolled the Chargers 38-28 and have been atop the AFC West ever since. But with a victory in Arrowhead, Los Angeles can forge a first-place tie. Kansas City is a 3.5-point home favorite, while the Over-Under is 53 in the latest Chargers vs. Chiefs odds. Before you make any Chargers vs. Chiefs picks and Thursday Night Football predictions, check out what the SportsLine Projection Model has to say.
The advanced computer model simulates every NFL game 10,000 times, and those who have followed it have seen massive returns. SportsLine's proprietary computer model went 176-80 last season and beat over 95 percent of CBS Office Pool players in 2016 and '17. It also performed better than 98 percent of experts tracked by NFLPickWatch.com during that span. Additionally, it went 48-34 on A-rated picks against the spread last season, and $100 bettors who followed it the past two seasons are up nearly $4,000.
The model has continued to nail its top-rated picks in 2018, entering Week 15 on a blistering 16-3 run. For the season, it is now 30-12 on all top-rated picks, extending its two-year run to a strong 78-46. And when it comes to all straight-up picks, the model finished Week 14 at 139-67 on the season, ranking in the top two on NFLPickWatch.com. Anyone who has followed it is way, way up.
Now the model has dialed in on Chiefs vs. Chargers. We can tell you it's leaning Under, but it's also generated a point-spread pick that's hitting over 50 percent of the time. You can only see that one at SportsLine.
The model has factored in that the Chiefs' offense continues to roll despite a near-home loss on Sunday to the Ravens. Spencer Ware filled in admirably for recently-released running back Kareem Hunt. He notched 126 yards from scrimmage, including 75 yards rushing, and was a constant pass-catching threat out of the backfield. Wide receiver Tyreek Hill continues to stretch the field vertically, netting a spectacular 17.0 yards per reception. He's among the league leaders in both yards (1,25 and touchdown catches (11).

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes remains an MVP front-runner after his amazing fourth-down completion to Hill deep in the fourth quarter that led to the tying touchdown. He has tossed an incredible 43 touchdowns for 4,300 yards. He's also scrambled for over 200 yards and two more scores.
But just because the Chargers dropped their first game against the Chiefs doesn't mean they can't cover the Thursday Night Football spread.
Los Angles' offense, which is the third-most proficient in the AFC behind only Kansas City and Pittsburgh, is netting 28.2 points per game, but its defense is what's carrying it to big wins. Seven times this season, the Chargers have held opponents to 20 points or fewer and have forced 32 sacks. Quarterback Philip Rivers is enjoying one of his most successful seasons ever by completing nearly 70 percent of his passes for 29 touchdowns.
Wideout Keenan Allen is having a Pro Bowl-caliber season with 1,074 receiving yards. He is adept at using his 6-2 frame to box out cornerbacks and come down with timely grabs.

Unread 2018-12-12, 05:43 PM   #206
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy Watkins, LG Cam Erving, and RB Spencer Ware have been declared out for Thursday game.

Jeff Allen will start at LG
RB will be Damien Williams, Darral Williams, and Charcandrick West.
WR will be the normal players plus Kelvin Benjamin.

Eric Berry is expected to play a limited amount.
Unread 2018-12-12, 08:47 PM   #207
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs use final alternate uniform of 2018 to wear red-on-red on Thursday

The NFL implemented a new rule for the 2018 season that allows teams to wear alternate uniforms three times during the season. The Chiefs have already used two of their alternate uniforms. They wore red-on-red earlier when the team faced the Cincinnati Bengals. They also wore white-on-white against the Los Angeles Rams.
Now on Thursday Night Football against the Chargers, the Chiefs will bring back the red-on-red uniforms, which are a fan favorite.

Unread 2018-12-13, 11:47 AM   #208
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Andy Reid has waited his entire career for the 2018 Chiefs

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- For 14 years Joe Banner worked side-by-side with Andy Reid to build the Philadelphia Eagles, Banner as president and Reid as head coach.
Banner knows well the kind of team Reid has in his mind's eye, the type he always has wanted to coach: One so dynamic and versatile on offense that it can overcome any obstacle an opposing defense can present and possibly carry the team to a Super Bowl championship.
Reid, a few times, has been close to having that kind of team, particularly when he was with the Eagles. You don't get to be the eighth winningest coach in NFL history without some good teams. But he has never quite been there.
Until now.
Finally, in his 20th season as an NFL head coach and sixth with the Kansas City Chiefs, Reid has the team he has been waiting for.
"From the outside, I view this as the best team he's had," Banner said. "Clearly, it's the most fun and exciting team. I talk to him sometimes and watch him coach. He seems to be having a lot of fun.
"He really loves offensive football. He loves being able to be progressive and aggressive and innovative and he's got every tool he could possibly look for to do anything he could possibly want to do. That's got to be a lot of fun."
The Chiefs are 11-2 heading into Thursday night's game (8:20 p.m. ET, Fox) against the Los Angeles Chargers at Arrowhead Stadium. They have the best record in the AFC and appear to be stronger contenders for the conference championship than they've been since Reid joined the Chiefs in 2013.
The Chiefs are far from a perfect team. Their offense has to generate a lot of points because the defense yields them almost as fast. One off day from the offense in the playoffs and the Chiefs will likely lose. They also lost one of their best players two weeks ago when they released running back Kareem Hunt after video surfaced of him shoving and kicking a woman. The Chiefs have moved on in two games without Hunt, but none of their remaining backs are as versatile or as much of a big-play threat.
Still, they've won the two games without Hunt and appear on track for a Super Bowl run. But this isn't just about Reid's best team or the one that might give him his best chance to win a Super Bowl. That's part of it, but this team also gives him the best chance to play the game the way he wants to.
"The key ingredients in today's football are having a great quarterback, a strong offensive line and the ability to put up a ton of points," Banner said. "Their defense may not be quite as strong as some he's had, but [it] does have the ability to pressure the quarterback, which can help you get through some tough moments."
"He really loves offensive football. He loves being able to be progressive and aggressive and innovative and he's got every tool he could possibly look for to do anything he could possibly want to do."Joe Banner on Andy Reid
Hunt is gone but an excellent group of receivers, including Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce, remain. In Patrick Mahomes, Reid has a dynamic quarterback like he's never had before. While Donovan McNabb in Philadelphia and Alex Smithwith the Chiefs were good players, Mahomes is a generational talent.
The Chiefs lead the league in scoring at more than 36 points per game. They've scored at least 26 points in every game and at least 30 in all but three.
"Look at how they can win games now in particular and how balanced they've become on offense, how multifaceted they've become on offense," said ESPN NFL analyst Louis Riddick, who worked with Reid with the Eagles as a scout for five seasons. "They can truly play the kind of football that Andy wants to play.
"Normally, he would like to throw the football, get a big lead on you and then grind you down with the running game. Then on defense, that allows you to kind of play a little more one-dimensional, meaning they can just rush the passer."
That's exactly how the Chiefs have won eight of their games. They moved to sizable early leads against the Chargers, Steelers, 49ers, Jaguars, Bengals, Broncos, Browns and Raiders. They had to sweat the finish of some of those games after the defense allowed the opponents some late offensive success.
That formula freed the defense to do what it does best, which is rush the passer. The Chiefs have 42 sacks, second best in the league.
It has never been this way for Reid. He has never had a team lead the league in scoring or average more than 27.4 points per game.
He has tried most of his career to get there. Most of his best offensive teams until this year were with Philadelphia, where he had McNabb and receivers such as DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Brent Celek.
The Chiefs in his first five seasons in Kansas City had some great moments offensively with Smith at quarterback, but also some slumps. They are just one year removed from a three-game stretch in which the Chiefs scored 36 points -- total.
"It's a terrible feeling for a coach and a playcaller to look at your play card and say, 'I'm not sure what we can make work' and that's kind of what we went through last year," said Brad Childress, a Chiefs assistant coach for the past five seasons and now the head coach with Atlanta in the Alliance for American Football. "But now, I don't think there's any place on Andy's card that he can't drop his finger and say, 'We can run this and run it right now and make this work' regardless of which receivers they have in the game.
"That's rare. There are a lot more times when you look at those hundreds of plays on the card and say, 'Damn, what play can I call here to get us a completion?' He doesn't feel that now in the very, very least. The play may be an incompletion, but he can't be thinking it's hard to find something that's going to work."
Perhaps fearful of putting pressure on a player he has now or offending ones he used to have, Reid won't talk publicly about whether this season's team has more capability than others he has coached.
"I love the group," he said. "I can't tell you I didn't enjoy having Jeremy Maclin and Desean Jackson and Celek running around. That wasn't bad. I've been blessed that way. But I like this group."
Those close to him see it.
"Andy does a good job of guarding his emotions, as we all know," Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said. "But just being around him, and I think everybody in the building would say this, he's definitely excited about the football team that he has. He's obviously a very creative mind on the offensive side and I think the skill players we have, not only Patrick but really all the skill players, are really letting him show the full extent of his playbook."
Kansas City's continued problems on defense are threatening a potentially good thing. The Chiefs scored 40 points in one of their losses and 51 in the other.
"I'd suspect he's a smidge nervous about whether he paid enough attention to the defense as he really needed to in order to win it all," Banner said. "My own opinion is yes, but I know he's always kind of looking at where there's a weakness and trying to figure out how to fix it. I suspect that leaves him slightly nervous in terms of going all the way."
But the Chiefs have been good enough offensively to outscore their defensive deficiencies 11 times. Both of their losses have come by three points on the road to opponents that will win their respective divisions.
They may be good enough for the first time in Reid's career to score enough to win all through the postseason.
"It's hard to picture who's going to beat them, frankly," Banner said. "We had a lot of close calls in Philly. He's had some good teams in Kansas City. But I do think he's got the best chance he's had. Mahomes is a unique guy in terms of the things he brings. We never had a team with the Eagles that could light it up the way they are now."

Unread 2018-12-16, 12:49 AM   #209
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Source: The situation is fluid, but right now, the #Chiefs are not planning to re-sign Mitch Morse.
They have major decisions coming including Justin Houston, Dee Ford, Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill.
Unread 2018-12-17, 09:36 PM   #210
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

21. Kansas City Chiefs: $5.307 million (2019: $42,562,780)

(Photo: Charles LeClaire, USA TODAY Sports) Total Cap: $174.1 million
Active Cap: $142.1 million
Dead Cap: $21.1 million
Adjustments: $2.6 million

Unread 2018-12-18, 08:33 PM   #211
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Six Chiefs players, including Patrick Mahomes, named to NFL Pro Bowl roster

The 2019 Pro Bowl is scheduled for Jan. 27 in Orlando

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —

Six Kansas City Chiefs players have been selected for the 2019 NFL Pro Bowl.

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes has been named a starter for the game along with wide receiver Tyreek Hill, fullback Anthony Sherman, tight end Travis Kelce, tackle Eric Fisher and offensive linebacker Dee Ford.

This is the first nomination for Mahomes, Fisher, Ford and Sherman, the third nomination for Hill, and the fourth for Kelce.

Selections are voted on by fans, players and coaches.
The 2019 NFL Pro Bowl is scheduled for Jan. 27 at 2 p.m. CST at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida.
The only team with more nominees is the Los Angeles Chargers. The Chiefs tied the Pittsburgh Steelers with six nominees.

Unread 2018-12-20, 11:58 AM   #212
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes: "We're Not Satisfied"

OPENING STATEMENT: “As far as injuries go for today’s practice, Kendall Fuller won’t practice today. He is making progress and getting better with his hand. Mitch Schwartz with his knee is making progress again. Both of these two are day-to-day. And then Sammy (Watkins) too is making progress and won’t go. We look forward to the challenge of playing Seattle. We know they are a good football team and a great venue to play in. That stadium is unbelievable, that crowd is unbelievable. We look forward to that challenge of playing a good football team, well coached. Our guys are going to have a good week of practice here starting today and get some good work in. With that, time’s yours.”

Q: Did you mean Cam Erving when you said Mitchell Schwartz?

REID: “Mitch Schwartz. Cam (Erving) will do some limited stuff.”

Q: How much does how good your offense is doing in the game go into going for it on fourth down?

REID: “I go off of if we have a chance to make it. Strictly on that. That’s normally what goes into the thought process. There’s some analytics that are involved in it that we look at. For the most part, you are kind of going off the feel of what you still have remaining. There are a bunch of factors, but what you have left in the plan to throw at them. If you feel comfortable and confident, you go for it. Just like the defense says, the offense always takes into consideration all things. If that’s something that is happening that particular game, then you look at that, too.”

Q: You have attempted more fourth downs than anyone else in the league, is that part of the confidence that you have in the offense?

REID: “I’ve always been big on going for it on fourth downs. I like doing that if the situation is right. It’s not because of that. It is because I had good stuff and I felt good about it.”

Q: Does it help that you have played defenses similar like the Chargers and 49ers to the Seahawks when preparing this week?

REID: “And Jacksonville is another one. They are all similar defenses. It works both ways. They got to see how the offense went against that defense and we got to see kind of how that defense rolls. Everybody has a different wrinkle to it. Pete (Carroll) is the originator of it. He will have something for us. I think it is good for both sides. It will be a good matchup.”

Q: Can you speak to the bounce back ability of this team and having a veteran locker room?

REID: “We do have a good locker room. It is important that you learn from it. That’s most important. You can hang your head and mope and do all those things you want to do, but that doesn’t get anything accomplished. You get in, you learn from it the best you can, and you go do better. That’s the approach I am taking. That is the approach I felt from the guys. On the other hand, if you are going to learn, then you have to dig in and not be afraid to say I goofed here or there, whether you are a coach or a player. I am the one standing in front of you, so I will always go back and analyze myself. And I have told you before, there are things I look at and go, ‘I could have done a better job.’ It is important that everyone does that. And that is where your locker room that you were talking about comes in. We have good guys and good strength there. They have done that.”

Q: Will you go with a true running back by committee?

REID: “Yeah, that’s kind of the role that we are doing now. Although, (Damien Williams) did a good job in that game, obviously. Is it equal all three ways? I don’t know about that. Just see how it shakes down.”

Q: How much do you expect Kelvin Benjamin and Charcandrick West to get involved now that they have had some time to get in football shape?

REID: “Again, I’ve told the guys if they are available, we will find ways to use you the best we can, so be ready and alert for it. We will just see how it all shakes out there. I would tell you the things that 26 (Damien Williams) did on game day, he did a nice job there. That was pretty impressive. He has to keep building on it. You have to do it week after week at this level.”

Q: How do you evaluate how Kelvin Benjamin played?

REID: “He did a nice job. The opportunities he had, he ran hard. He is a different picture than Damien (Williams). It is a couple different looks you are going to get there.
Charcandrick (West) is kind of the same thing. He is a different look. Spencer Ware is a different look. They all have their strengths and we try to play to our players strengths.”

Q: Do you think the way the rules are now it gives teams a better advantage to come back late in games?

REID: “It depends on the calls. If you are making the plays and you are getting calls against you, all those things come in. Every crew is different, and every team is different. I am standing here when it just happened to us, so I would probably say yeah, it does that way. But it all depends. It depends on how things are rolling in a few different ways.”

Q: There’s nothing you can do about the calls that you sent in?

REID: “I loved all of them. It’s Christmas time.”

Q: Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson aren’t exactly the same but there are some similarities, will you all go with Tremon Smith for scout team this week or go with someone else?

REID: “Yeah, the option he’s good at. The throwing part, there’s a reason why he’s a corner. I reminded him of that. He did a heck of a job though. There might be a place we use him here and there, but not the whole time.”

Q: Was Mitchell (Schwartz)’s knee something that occurred in the game?

REID: “Yes, it happened in the game.”

Q: Were you surprised that Mitchell Schwartz and Chris Jones didn’t make the Pro Bowl?

REID: “As a coach you want them all to make it. They are all busting their tail for you and doing a heck of a job. Somewhere, someone doesn’t make it. Who knows why or the reasons why. The guys you mentioned were sure well deserving. I’ve stood here for a couple of years doing this and have answered those questions at this time and every year there is someone, and I am sure it’s that way around the league, I didn’t see who made it and who didn’t, but you know there are disappointments. Then, there are other guys who look at it and go “Woah I made it!” You get both things. I tell them just to keep playing and don’t get into all that stuff. You can’t control it.”

Q: What do you think of Patrick (Mahomes) making the Pro Bowl after the year he has had?

REID: “I am happy for all the guys who made it. Patrick, again, I am partial. I am sitting here as his head coach. Like I said, I would love for all of them to make it and the guys who are in there are all guys that have said “This guy or that guy could’ve just as easily been in here.” They are pretty humble guys that way. More power to them and let’s get on to Seattle. That’s how I roll with it. It’s a great honor and then this is what is real right now and let’s go.”

Q: Fifteen games into the season, how would you evaluate the defensive blitz and give and take balance of when to blitz when you have great pass rushers?

REID: “I think we’ve had a decent blend there. We’ve affected the quarterback in a lot of ways. That’s arguably, number-wise more than anyone in the league. That way he’s had to move or alter throws or hit them or sack them. You don’t want to blitz every snap. You pick and choose places to do it, especially if you have good rushers. We do a pretty good job of that. Games are also involved in that. Those guys look at your matchups and what you can do with all of that.”

Q: You mentioned Monday that having Eric Berry back allowed you guys to do something different on tape that you hadn’t shown all year. Is Eric Berry more effective in those blitzing situations?

REID: “He’s one of the really good blitzers in the league. He gives you that flexibility to do that. That doesn’t mean you are going to bring him every time. He’s bringing a cover guy too.”

Q: What have you had to adjust without Sammy Watkins?

REID: “It’s a bit different. He’s a good football player. We’ve got other guys who have stepped up and done a nice job. We use them, but there are certain things I don’t do that I did with him. I try to use the other guys’ strengths to fill in whatever we have designed. We are fortunate in that position we have some pretty good guys.”

Q: What goes into putting a streak together like Chris Jones has with the sacks?

REID: “Go back and you guys were here, you saw the change in his body and how he really took care of himself physically with diets and workouts and all of that this offseason. His body fat is way down. He works his fundamentals and techniques. That’s what he does. He still has room to grow, which is great. He isn’t tapped out by any means where he is at. I will tell you it all started in the offseason. Now it is paying off for him as the season has gone on.”

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes Quotes

Q: What are your initial thoughts on making the Pro Bowl?

MAHOMES: “First off you’re thankful for all of Chiefs Kingdom for voting and being supportive of me and my teammates. It is truly a special thing. I remember growing up as a little kid watching the skills challenges and the Pro Bowl and thinking how cool it was. For me to be in this spot it’s a credit to my teammates for them making me look really, really good out there.”

Q: When you are looking back at the final drive that stalled for the offense Thursday night, is it a matter of one thing happening that leads to another and so on? How do you prevent that from happening?

MAHOMES: “You just can’t make the mistakes as a whole unit at the end of the game, I guess you would say. First off, we got the penalty on the kickoff. Then, we got out there and had a negative play to start off, then we got some yards back that second play and we had the false start. It’s, like you said, the accumulation of all those things going wrong. You have to find ways to finish games in this league. We’ve been doing it well all year and we just didn’t do it well the other night and it cost us.”

Q: How difficult has it been adjusting without Sammy Watkins in the offense and how do you feel you’ve performed without him?

MAHOMES: “People have stepped up for sure. Chris Conley and Demarcus Robinson and now Kelvin (Benjamin) have all kind of stepped up and tried to replace that role as best they can. Sammy (Watkins) is a great player, he has a ton of talent and I’m excited for him and his recovery process. But at the same time, we’ve had that mentality all year. Whenever you get your opportunity, you step up and play and I feel like guys have stepped up and tried to play in his role as best they can.”

Q: Have you done anything additional with Kelvin Benjamin to get on the same page?

MAHOMES: “Yeah, definitely. We’ve worked on routes, for sure, that fit our offense and fit the role that we want him to utilize in this offense for the rest of this season. You can tell he has the work ethic and the mentality that he wants to be great. He has a ton of talent and now it’s about him learning the offense more and more every single day and getting him incorporated more and more every single week.”

Q: What is it like for you to be right in the mix here and preparing for a Sunday Night Football game in Seattle?

MAHOMES: “It’s exciting. It’s going to be a great challenge. It’s going to be a hostile environment. We got to play them in the preseason last year and you could sense how crazy and loud it was going to be, even in a preseason game. You know with it being a playoff implication game, it’s going to be rocking pretty heavily. It’s going to be a great challenge for us. It’s going to give us a challenge that we can go out there and win a football game against a really good football team.”

Q: Was this loss more difficult to flush because of the disappointing way it ended?

MAHOMES: “Every loss, like you said, is going to hurt, especially being a last second loss. That definitely hurts a lot, especially in the division. Luckily, we’re still in a position where we control our own destiny. We can still win these last two games and get the No. 1 seed and get to have playoff games at Arrowhead. For us, we’re focused on that and moving ahead and getting better.”

Q: What has elevated Travis Kelce to have the numbers he’s had this year and what have you learned about him after almost a full season together?

MAHOMES: “First off, he’s so smart as a player, not just a tight end. He really recognizes coverages and recognized what’s needed to be done in order to get himself open. Having him, it’s something I can trust that he’s going to be exactly where I want him to be on every single play. He’s made a lot of great plays this year where he has made me look good where I kind of just throw it up and he’s went and got it.”

Q: What kind of season has Mitchell Schwartz had?

MAHOMES: “To me he’s one of, if not, the best right tackles in the league. He’s had a ton of success over a long time. It’s disappointing for him not making (the Pro Bowl), but there’s a lot of worthy guys. If it was my choice, I’d have the whole offensive line on there. They’ve been protecting me well this year.”

Q: Do you think teams are starting to play the pass more against your offense and will you try to keep them honest?

MAHOMES: “I think we’re just going to keep doing what we’ve been doing all season long. We’ve scored a lot of points every single game and we’ve utilized the run game, the pass game, and every facet of the offense. I thought (Damien Williams) stepped up big this last week catching the ball and running the ball. We’re just going to keep working through our strengths and playing the game that we want to play.”

Q: What’s your message as a leader moving forward with this team?

MAHOMES: “I think the message for the whole team is we’re not satisfied with where we’re at. We wanted to put ourselves in this position, but at the same time, we know we still have a long way to go. We’re going to keep in that mentality the rest of this season and into the playoffs (of) not being satisfied with just being here. We want to make sure we can go and win the big games whenever we need to.”

Q: What are your thoughts on the Seattle defense?

MAHOMES: “First off, they’re well coached. They run their scheme really, really well, and then they have a lot of young guys, but those young guys are playing hard, playing fast and playing to their potential. I’m excited for the challenge, but at the same time we’re going to have to go out there and compete if we want to go score points to win the game.”

Unread 2018-12-23, 09:10 PM   #213
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the #Chiefs’ official inactives tonight vs. Seahawks...some shakeups in the secondary.

Sammy Watkins
Kendall Fuller
Spencer Ware
Ron Parker
Kahlil McKenzie
Jimmy Murray
Deon Telder
Unread 2018-12-24, 08:19 AM   #214
so.DOPE

Location: From a 70 mph roll, 2 red tail lights radically morph to one...
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 56
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 178
Likes (Received): 608
Dislikes (Given): 43
Dislikes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
Here are the #Chiefs’ official inactives tonight vs. Seahawks...some shakeups in the secondary.

Sammy Watkins
Kendall Fuller
Spencer Ware
Ron Parker
Kahlil McKenzie
Jimmy Murray
Deon Telder
Wheels falling off smh

Spencer Davis Group - Blues in F
Unread 2018-12-24, 08:45 AM   #215
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 491
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 4156
Dislikes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by so.DOPE View Post
Wheels falling off smh

Chiefs gon Chief.

No surprises found.
Unread 2018-12-25, 12:49 AM   #216
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs tryouts; LB Josh Keyes, RB Terry Swanson.
Unread 2018-12-27, 11:47 PM   #217
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Chiefs have re-signed RB Damien Williams to a two-year extension, a source tells Yahoo Sports. KC has liked what it's seen from Kareem Hunt's replacement.
Unread 2018-12-28, 05:49 PM   #218
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Broncos signed cornerback Horace Richardson from Kansas City’s practice squad. Richardson is a first-year player who spent part of this season on the Vikings’ active roster. He also spent time on Detroit’s practice squad this season.
Unread 2018-12-28, 07:01 PM   #219
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Former #Chiefs training camp CB Makinton Dorleant was signed to the Raiders practice squad today.
Unread 2018-12-30, 02:58 PM   #220
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the #Chiefs’ inactives today against the Raiders:

WR Sammy Watkins
OL Kahlil McKenzie
OL Jimmy Murray
S Eric Berry
RB Spencer Ware
TE Deon Yelder
LB Tanoh Kpassagnon
Unread 2019-01-02, 04:16 PM   #221
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs visit reported Friday: CB DeAndre Elliott.
Unread 2019-01-02, 05:00 PM   #222
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Can the Chiefs win the Super Bowl? Here’s what the Vegas odd smakers say

The NFL playoffs have been kind to the AFC’s top seeds in recent history. The past five teams to lock down the No. 1 seed in the AFC appeared in the Super Bowl, and three of them won it.

Next in line: The Kansas City Chiefs.

That’s what the oddsmakers in Las Vegas say.
The Chiefs are the betting favorite to emerge from the AFC and represent the conference in the Super Bowl, according to the initial odds released this week by various Las Vegas sportsbooks. The Chiefs are listed at 3-to-2 (+150) to win the AFC, per the betting website Bovada. That’s pretty sizable gap in front of the New England Patriots, who are second at +240. The Ravens (+600), Chargers (+650), Texans (+1000) and Colts (+1100) round out the list.

The Chiefs left no doubt in wrapping up the AFC’s No. 1 seed Sunday, drilling the Raiders 35-3 at Arrowhead Stadium. The path to their first Super Bowl since 1970 wouldn’t leave their home stadium.

And that’s precisely what leads to their place atop the betting sheets. It’s an identical story in the opposite conference, where the top-seeded Saints are the favorite to emerge from the NFC.

So what about the Super Bowl?

Well, the oddsmakers prefer the NFC’s chances to the teams from the AFC. The Saints open the postseason as the betting favorite at +240, and the Rams are actually second on the list at +425. The Chiefs are third at +470, the best odds of anyone in the AFC.

Those are significantly better odds than the Chiefs opened last year’s playoffs with, when they were listed at 20-to-1 (+2000) to win the Super Bowl.

Kansas City will host an AFC Divisional playoff game at 3:35 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 12. It will play host to the lowest remaining AFC seed, which could be the Colts, Chargers or Ravens

Unread 2019-01-02, 11:24 PM   #223
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs tryouts reported Friday: DTs Henry Mondeaux, Cavon Walker.
Unread 2019-01-05, 06:14 PM   #224
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs have signed former Arkansas LB Martrell Spaight to a reserve future contract. He has 107 total tackles in 37 games and seven starts during parts of four seasons with Washington, Miami and Jacksonville.
Unread 2019-01-08, 07:35 PM   #225
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

#Chiefs signed former Stony Brook safety Chris Cooper to the practice squad. He was an undrafted free agent this year, great underdog story. He replaces CB Horace Richardson who signed with the Broncos in Week 17.
Closed Thread