Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Fitness and Health

Unread 2017-02-23, 10:16 AM   #26
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1935
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseaman View Post
Well, I guess so. I'd recommend having your fat-strong friend let people with legit advice post without unsolicited harassment and shit talking.
Being that JW is a legit friend of mine, I know his pom pom comments are all in fun so I don't take offense to them.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-02-23, 10:17 AM   #27
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 456
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3881
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Being that JW is a legit friend of mine, I know his pom pom comments are all in fun so I don't take offense to them.

Unread 2017-02-23, 10:17 AM   #28
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1935
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
You are very good at talking out of your ass. You can't name one single thing I can or can't do, as I have no idea what your limits are.

If I had to guess, you would blow me out of the water with cardio, and I'd maul you in any strength competition.

But that's what happens when you workout like a cheerleader. Your cardio will be great, and you'll be walking the other way when men talk about lifting weights.
Also I didn't stop lifting. I still do that too. I just added way more intense and frequent cardio because my goals are to lean up.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-02-23, 10:18 AM   #29
cseaman

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not talking out of my ass at all. You're a fat-strong guy in your 40s. Ain't nothing impressive there and nothing there that will help a guy lose weight like HIIT. And if you even knew the slightest thing about cardio techniques, you'd know that damn near every men's physique and bodybuilding pro out there recommends HIIT if you're going to do any cardio at all and want to maintain muscle mass.

So yea, you're literally just talking unnecessary shit cause you're bored.

But yes, I'd blow your ass out of the water at any form of cardio and any lifting movement that isn't based around one bar. And even at that, I guarantee we're equal, at worst, given our weight differences on anything with a single bar.

Rather than respond, you should go look up HIIT techniques and let people who aren't fat help your buddy out here.
Unread 2017-02-23, 10:24 AM   #30
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseaman View Post
I'm not talking out of my ass at all. You're a fat-strong guy in your 40s. Ain't nothing impressive there and nothing there that will help a guy lose weight like HIIT. And if you even knew the slightest thing about cardio techniques, you'd know that damn near every men's physique and bodybuilding pro out there recommends HIIT if you're going to do any cardio at all and want to maintain muscle mass.

So yea, you're literally just talking unnecessary shit cause you're bored.

But yes, I'd blow your ass out of the water at any form of cardio and any lifting movement that isn't based around one bar. And even at that, I guarantee we're equal, at worst, given our weight differences on anything with a single bar.

Rather than respond, you should go look up HIIT techniques and let people who aren't fat help your buddy out here.

I've forgotten more than you'll ever know on the subject.

I'd bet good money I could get ten reps with any of your maxes.
Unread 2017-02-26, 01:47 PM   #31
comtrang

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 31
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 66
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 2

To be honest I disagree with the cardio bit. It certainly helps but isn't a requirement. I went on a cut for 10 weeks where I was to do 5 miles of steady state cardio every other day. Realistically I hit it 30% of the time and was down 12lbs out of the 30lbs I lost within the first 2 weeks. It's all about the food. I hate cardio and you would never find me in the gym doing sled pushes or anything crazy. If I was doing cardio I was doing 30-45 minutes on the elliptical and then I was out of there.

If you're really interested in figuring out the nutrition part of things PM me and I'll be happy to help. I had great results from being a transformation project of a friend. I went to the gym every day and my lifts never changed (got weaker as the weight decreased and I'm not very strong to begin with) and added in the mentioned cardio. Most important thing I did was strictly follow the meal plan I was put on. Sure when I did cardio my progress was stronger but I still was down a fraction of a pound each day and landed at 170lbs/5.25% bf, starting from 200lbs/14.1%, as measured by a professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Dailey View Post
2nd nicest guy on KCSR.... officially.

Last edited by comtrang; 2017-02-26 at 01:50 PM..
comtrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-02-26, 03:50 PM   #32
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 193
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1311
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Also I didn't stop lifting. I still do that too. I just added way more intense and frequent cardio because my goals are to lean up.
Peoples bodies are different and respond differently to diet and exercise. If I read correctly, you have always been a bigger guy. Getting lean will be more difficult for you than others.

2 Weeks is nothing in loosing weight or gaining muscle. I would measure by the month. Think of it as moving a large ship, it takes awhile to get it going or to change course.

Doing a low carb diet for a long period of time is not good. I would change up your diet like you change up a work out so the body doesn't get used to a certain routine and settle in.

I think a good mix for strength and cardio are the P90X routines. These are things you can do at home with just dumbbells and some space in the basement.

Switch up your diet every month and your exercise every 2 months. Don't weigh every day, weight once per week, same day and time each week. Note your progress by the month.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-02-26, 03:56 PM   #33
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by comtrang View Post
To be honest I disagree with the cardio bit. It certainly helps but isn't a requirement. I went on a cut for 10 weeks where I was to do 5 miles of steady state cardio every other day. Realistically I hit it 30% of the time and was down 12lbs out of the 30lbs I lost within the first 2 weeks. It's all about the food. I hate cardio and you would never find me in the gym doing sled pushes or anything crazy. If I was doing cardio I was doing 30-45 minutes on the elliptical and then I was out of there.

If you're really interested in figuring out the nutrition part of things PM me and I'll be happy to help. I had great results from being a transformation project of a friend. I went to the gym every day and my lifts never changed (got weaker as the weight decreased and I'm not very strong to begin with) and added in the mentioned cardio. Most important thing I did was strictly follow the meal plan I was put on. Sure when I did cardio my progress was stronger but I still was down a fraction of a pound each day and landed at 170lbs/5.25% bf, starting from 200lbs/14.1%, as measured by a professional.

You obviously missed the part where cseamen is an expert on the subject because he has to run two miles and do some sit-ups and push-ups for his job!